[infinispan-dev] Deprecate collection methods on DataContainer interface

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:26:41 EDT 2017

Recently while looking at the DataContainer interface and implementation it
was noticed that the entrySet, values and keySet methods that return
collections are very inconsistent. The big issue is whether these methods
return expired entries or not and if they are backing or copies etc. It was
suggested [1] to deprecate these. I am all for this. I was looking at the
references to these methods and they all can be replace with using the
proper iterator and forEachRemaining instead.

I just wanted to confirm if everyone is alright with me deprecating the
collection methods on DataContainer interface for 9.0 Final.

[1]
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5011#pullrequestreview-28599145

Thanks,

 - Will