[infinispan-dev] Exposing cluster deployed in the cloud

Gustavo Fernandes gustavo at infinispan.org
Mon May 8 05:08:00 EDT 2017

Questions inlined:

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Sebastian Laskawiec <slaskawi at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> A while ago I started working on exposing Infinispan Cluster which is
> hosted in Kubernetes to the outside world:

What about SNI, wasn't this scenario the reason why it was implemented, IOW
to allow HR clients to access an ispn hosted in the cloud?

> [image: pasted1]
>
> I'm currently struggling to get solution like this into the platform [1]
> but in the meantime I created a very simple POC and I'm testing it locally
> [2].

What does "application" mean in the diagram? Are those different pods, or
single containers part of a pod?

There isn't much doc available at [2], how does it work?

> There are two main problems with the scenario described above:
>
>    1. Infinispan server announces internal addresses (172.17.x.x) to the
>    client. The client needs to remap them into external ones (172.29.x.x).

How would the external address be allocated, e.g. during scaling up and
down and how the HR client would know how to map them correctly?