[infinispan-dev] Exposing cluster deployed in the cloud

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Tue May 9 08:03:50 EDT 2017

Sebastian,
are you familiar with Hot Rod's proxyHost/proxyPort [1]. In server it is
configured using external-host / external-port attributes on the
topology-state-transfer element [2]

[1]
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/server/hotrod/src/main/java/org/infinispan/server/hotrod/configuration/HotRodServerConfigurationBuilder.java#L43
[2]
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/server/integration/endpoint/src/main/resources/schema/jboss-infinispan-endpoint_9_0.xsd#L203

On 5/8/17 9:57 AM, Sebastian Laskawiec wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> A while ago I started working on exposing Infinispan Cluster which is
> hosted in Kubernetes to the outside world:
>
> pasted1
>
> I'm currently struggling to get solution like this into the platform [1]
> but in the meantime I created a very simple POC and I'm testing it
> locally [2].
>
> There are two main problems with the scenario described above:
>
>  1. Infinispan server announces internal addresses (172.17.x.x) to the
>     client. The client needs to remap them into external ones (172.29.x.x).
>  2. A custom Consistent Hash needs to be supplied to the Hot Rod client.
>     When accessing cache, the Hot Rod Client needs to calculate server
>     id for internal address and then map it to the external one.
>
> If there will be no strong opinions regarding to this, I plan to
> implement this shortly. There will be additional method in Hot Rod
> Client configuration (ConfigurationBuilder#addServerMapping(String
> mappingClass)) which will be responsible for mapping external addresses
> to internal and vice-versa.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian