[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod secured by default

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 9 08:24:23 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Tristan and I had chat yesterday and I've distilled the contents of the discussion and the feedback here into a JIRA [1]. The JIRA contains several subtasks to handle these aspects:

1. Remove auth check in server's CacheDecodeContext.
2. Default server configuration should require authentication in all entry points.
3. Provide an unauthenticated configuration that users can easily switch to.
4. Remove default username+passwords in docker image and instead show an info/warn message when these are not provided.
5. Add capability to pass in app user role groups to docker image easily, so that its easy to add authorization on top of the server.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7811
Infinispan, Red Hat