[infinispan-dev] IRC chat: HB + I9

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 23 09:07:32 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've just finished integrating Infinispan with a HB 6.x branch Steve had, all tests pass now [1].

Yeah, we didn't commit on the final location for these changes.

As far as I know, Hibernate master is not 6.x, but rather 5.2.x. There's no 5.2.x branch in Hibernate main repo. 6.x is just a branch that Steve has.

These are the options availble to us:

1. Integrate 9.x provider as part of 'hibernate-infinispan' in Hibernate 6.x branch.

2. Integrate 9.x provider as part of a second Infinispan module in Hibernate 5.x branch.

3. Integrate 9.x provider as part of 'hibernate-infinispan' in Hibernate 5.x branch. This is problematic for since the provider is not backwards compatible.

4. Integrate 9.x provider in infinispan and deliver it as part of Infinispan rather than Hibernate.

I'm not sure which one I prefer the most TBH... 1. is the ideal solution but doesn't seem there will be a Hibernate 6.x release for a while. 2./3./4. all have their downsides... :\

Thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/galderz/hibernate-orm/commits/t_i9x_v2
Infinispan, Red Hat