[infinispan-dev] Allocation costs of TypeConverterDelegatingAdvancedCache

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed May 31 10:08:02 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've been running some benchmarks and for the fist time playing with
Infinispan 9+, so please bear with me as I might shoot some dumb
questions to the list in the following days.

The need for TypeConverterDelegatingAdvancedCache to wrap most
operations - especially "convertKeys" - is highlighet as one of the
high allocators in my Search-centric use case.

I'm wondering:
 A - Could this implementation be improved?
 B - Could I bypass / disable it? Not sure why it's there.

Thanks,
Sanne