[infinispan-dev] Prepending internal cache names with org.infinispan instead of triple underscore

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 09:18:13 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm currently going through the JCache 1.1 proposed changes, and one that made me think is [1]. In particular:

> Caches do not use forward slashes (/) or colons (:) as part of their names. Additionally it is
> recommended that cache names starting with java. or javax.should not be used.

I'm wondering whether in the future we should move away from the triple underscore trick we use for internal cache names, and instead just prepend them with `org.infinispan`, which is our group id. I think it'd be cleaner.

Thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/350
Infinispan, Red Hat