[infinispan-dev] Protobuf metadata cache and x-site

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 16:10:17 EDT 2018

Backing up caches with protobuf payload to a remote site will not work
if they are indexed, unless the remote site already has the schema for
the types in question, or else indexing will fail. If the cache is not
indexed it matters less.

So the replication of protobuf metadata cache has to be arranged somehow
before any other data is replicated. Manual replication is indeed PITA.

I remember in the very early version of remote query the protobuf
metadata cache configuration was created programatically on startup
unless a manually defined configuration with that name was found,
already provided by the user. In that case the user's config was used.
This approach had the benefit of allowing the user to gain control if
needed. But can also lead to gloom and doom. Was that too bad to do it
again :)))?

Adrian