[infinispan-dev] Search keys by query

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 05:23:47 EDT 2018

Hi Sergey,
keys are just keys. Lookup by key works only if you know the key in
advance, be it a simple or complex key.
Keys are not indexed. So no, searching for keys does not work and there
is no plan to support that. It's one of the many things Infinispan
cannot do because it is not a relational database and we do no plan to
become one :).
But there are ways to overcome this limitation. You already de-normalize
your data when placing it in the grid, because Infinispan does not
manage relations. During this process you should copy relevant
properties of the key into the value itself if you intend to search by
those properties.

Adrian