[infinispan-dev] Obtaining cache via CDI on WildFly

Wolf Fink wfink at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 07:01:44 EST 2018

As Tristan said, the infinispan bits shipped with WildFly and its
configuration will not have all ISPN features. It might change over the
time as there is no test which ensure that any feature beside those which
are used from the WF container.
The configuration for the subsystem is different and will not allow all
features.
Also if there is a plan to move to the supported products this is not
supported!

The best option is to use the infinispan modules and configure it in
server-mode, in this case the cache lifecycle is bound to the WF instance
and can be shared/injected to all deployed applications (sharing the cache
between application in embedded mode will not work)
Note that you might use the infinispan endpoints here, but if there is a
plan to use the products the use of endpoints is not supported (as it will
make WF a hybrid server for both)

Wolf