[infinispan-dev] ISPN-8798 ByteString places too strict a constraint on cache name length

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 08:20:50 EST 2018

Can one of the devs please review this patch?
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5750

The limit of cache names sizes to 127 bytes is too limiting for
hibernate/JPA 2nd level cache deployments, which generate cache names
using fully qualified class names of entity classes, which are user
generated thus can easily exceed 128 bytes (but are far less likely to
exceed 255).  This is exacerbated by the JPA integration, which
additionally appends the deployment name.  We have a long term
solution for this, but in the meantime, the above patch is sufficient
to pass the TCK.

We'll also need a 9.1.6.Final release ASAP, lest we revert back to
Infinispan 8.2.x for WF12, the feature freeze for which is tomorrow
(they are considering this upgrade a feature, given the scope of its
impact).

Thanks,

Paul