[jbdevstudio-users] JBDS 7 on OS X requires JDK 6

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Oct 15 11:43:42 EDT 2013

The upgrade path was:
- Install JBDS 7 from scratch - result you get a prompt asking to install JDK 6.
( Caused by launcher being set to: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.200.v20130521-0416)
* Installed JDK 6 so that I could run the App and upgrade to JBDS 7.0.1
- Upgraded to JBDS 7.0.1  - result you get a prompt asking to install JDK 6.

Just as Denis stated there is another App called 'jbdevstudio.app' and I looked into the INI file from this App and there where I saw that the launcher had been upgraded to:
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.200.v20130807-1835
By the way the app 'jbdevstudio.app' works fine with out asking for the JDK 6.

So I removed JDK 6 manually from my OS X install and then changed the INI file to use the new launcher.
With the new launcher I don't get a prompt asking to install JDK 6, it works straight out of the box with JDK 7.

Luis

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/841761#841761