[jbdevstudio-users] JBDS 8.0.GA - Can't update

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Dec 16 10:17:18 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm using JBDS 8.0 on a Windows 7 64 workstation. The IDE notifies me that there are updates. I'm doing Check Updates and, as a matter of fact, there are updates. I accept to update/install, I accept the conditions and the security warning and, after several minutes, I get the following error:

An error occurred while uninstalling
session context was:(profile=jbds, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]com.jboss.devstudio.core.package.executable.win32.win32.x86_64 8.0.0.GA-v20141020-1042-B317 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
Backup of file d:\jbdevstudio\studio\jbdevstudio.exe failed.
File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: D:\jbdevstudio\studio\jbdevstudio.exe

Additionally, the following error appears as well:

Some sites could not be found.  See the error log for more detail.
No repository found at https://devstudio.redhat.com/updates/8.0-development/central/core/.
No repository found at https://devstudio.redhat.com/updates/8.0/central/core/.

which is really weird as these sites are supposed to be the central updates sites for JBDS 8.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nicolas

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/913721#913721