[jboss-as7-dev] First cut of EE tech requirements doc

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 10:21:03 EST 2010

On 12/7/10 8:25 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 December 2010 05:38 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>> It's at
>> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JavaEEImplementationTechnicalRequirements  and
>> it has a long way to go.  Be as critical as you want.
> Haven't fully read that wiki, but w.r.t java:global JNDI namespace for
> EJB3 beans, I believe we'll have to expose it outside the server VM,
> unlike what we currently do with java: context in AS5 and AS4
> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-development/2010-November/016685.html

Yes, all clients (in particular app client) need to have a global
namespace that mirrors the server for at least remote . However, this
doesn't mean we *must* use remote JNDI calls to do it. I think a more
flexible (and likely more efficient) thing to do is to have a
"replicated" naming view. So when an app client is setup it maintains
it's own "comp" and "module", and global can lazily sync via some
mechanism.

This solves many issues, like what does java:comp/ORB point to on a
client. It only makes sense to point to the client's local ORB instance.
  The same applies to jdbc/jca resources.

--
Jason T. Greene