[jboss-as7-dev] ConfigAdmin service in AS7

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Dec 13 08:30:25 EST 2010

Folks,

I completed the configuration admin service in AS

https://github.com/jbosgi/jboss-as/commit/237c53c665df53e5931d2ef6fc15ad7584707b0b

Any service/deployment can now add its configuration properties to the
model via the ConfigAdminService

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:configadmin:1.0" >
<configuration
pid="org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager">
<property name="manager.root">jboss-osgi</property>
</configuration>
</subsystem>

There are demo test cases that show how to use the service. The notion
of ConfigurationListener is also supported, so service Foo can react to
configuration changes for service Bar.

The ConfigAdminService is also the persistent data backend for the
standard OSGi ConfigurationAdmin
(http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/service/cm/ConfigurationAdmin.html)
service. The way this currently works is that we deploy the Apache Felix
Config Admin bundle that takes care of configuration aspects for any
OSGi bundle deployed to AS7. The Felix CM bundle delegates data
persistence to the to ConfigAdmin subsystemn - so it shows up in
domain/standalone.xml.

As a side effect you can use the OSGi webconsole to manage the
configuration for any AS service that uses the ConfigAdminService.

The branch is currently waiting to get rebased onto 'bootstrap' when
that becomes generally available.

cheers
-thomas

--