[jboss-as7-dev] A quick & easy way to reset AS7 to pristine state?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 05:48:33 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 11:41, Kabir Khan wrote:

> This is also an issue with the embedded testing (or managed/remote for that matter). If I stop a testcase in my IDE while running it, then the next time I try to run it I get a 'blah.jar is already deployed error'. In embedded that can possibly be avoided by setting an alternative path for standalone.xml and the output folder. I think Thomas might have done something to handle that in the stuff I took over, but I have been concentrating on getting the core functionality working.
>
> One thing I wanted to ask was to maybe keep a standalone.xml.original which is never changed?

+100 (even though not just having standalone.xml.original won't cut it since you might have done edits for it since..)

This behavior about actually changing the state of the XML while running is kinda annoying in
some cases ;)

I really would prefer if there was something like:

standalone.xml
+ standalone-delta1.xml
+ standalone-delta2.xml

or similar so one could see what actually are *my* input and what is done by editing/adding in a console or deployments.

I know that is not trivial but then at least someway of doing includes to model something like:

standalone.xml
 include deployments.xml

...or somehow intelligently (i.e. don't create a revision unless it really has changed) keep a "revision history" around of the files when its updated.

/max