[jboss-as7-dev] A quick & easy way to reset AS7 to pristine state?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 14:02:35 EST 2010

> On 11/29/10 12:17 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> On 11/29/10 4:41 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:
>>> This is also an issue with the embedded testing (or managed/remote for that matter). If I stop a testcase in my IDE while running it, then the next time I try to run it I get a 'blah.jar is already deployed error'. In embedded that can possibly be avoided by setting an alternative path for standalone.xml and the output folder. I think Thomas might have done something to handle that in the stuff I took over, but I have been concentrating on getting the core functionality working.
>>>
>>> One thing I wanted to ask was to maybe keep a standalone.xml.original which is never changed?
>>
>> We do keep the "last known good" copy around, which basically is the
>> original, unless of course you do multiple changes. We had also talke
>> about keeping more copies around longer on the DC.
>>

> I intend to keep the ".original" around, and it should be possible to
> detect changes made to standalone.xml when the server is offline and
> replace the ".original".

Seems like whatever mechanism we settle on for establishing the initial
configuration (be it an installer or whatever) might also apply here.
It depends on whether you look at the problem from the perspective of "I
want to go back to an old config" or "I want to start over from a fresh
config".

--
- DML