[jboss-as7-dev] (JBAS-9163) "auto-start" not set for newly created sever-configs

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 11:12:11 EDT 2011

Brian wrote:

This is an example of a general issue that we need to resolve: whether the model should reflect only the actual user-provided configuration, with defaults omitted if not specified by the user, or should it include the default values?

If we don't include defaults in the model, they must be available via the model description.

We're inconsistent in our approach to this; for Beta3 we need to decide the approach we want.

I'm leaning toward including the defaults in the model. It takes more effort to not do that, and it's something that's likely to be done wrong.