[jboss-as7-dev] What is this Applying: Revert... I keep seeing?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 11:36:18 EDT 2011

On 4/4/11 10:33 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
> Is is expected that I keep seeing this last message when pulling in
> changes from upstream?
>
> [27](ironmaiden:jboss-as)>  git up upstream master
> remote: Counting objects: 100, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (31/31), done.
> remote: Total 67 (delta 19), reused 59 (delta 12)
> Unpacking objects: 100% (67/67), done.
>   From git://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as
>    * branch            master     ->  FETCH_HEAD
> First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
> Applying: Revert "refactoring + fixing bug in params processing method
> (if all 'export', 'services'&  'optional' were specified on manifest
> dependency, the last one in the param list have been improperly evaluated)"

You have a commit in your local tree that is continually moved to the
top when you rebase. It's probably something you did git revert on.

If you don't want the commit you can do:

git fetch upstream
git --hard reset upstream/master

This "edits" your branch and makes it point to the same commit that
upstream is.

--
Jason T. Greene