[jboss-as7-dev] (JBAS-9163) "auto-start" not set for newly created sever-configs

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 11:56:19 EDT 2011

Yes, that's the downside.

The marshallers don't have to write out default values, and most
actually don't. You of course get the opposite problem with that: if
people actually specify the default value, it doesn't get written out.
I'm ok with that though; this issue should only arise with attributes
that are listed as optional in the xsd and that have proper defaults
listed in the xsd. But those xsd defaults are long term API commitments!!!

If there is no default in the xsd, there should be no default in the model.