[jboss-as7-dev] Datasources: Driver binaries

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 13:58:57 EDT 2011

Is that how we'd want to handle modules?

Deployment encompasses content distribution, plus a particular way of
getting services installed in the runtime. I don't think we should mix
the two unless it's really what we want. Better IMHO to have a separate
distribution mechanism and associated operations for managing modules.

David can better comment whether I'm all wet; i.e. whether a deployment
unit processor that detects a module and handles it correctly is no big
deal.

I can foresee lifecycle issues as well if modules start coming in as
deployments. I.e. subsystems that expect that modules are there and
available, not something that might appear at some point in the future
when some deployment gets processed.