[jboss-as7-dev] Datasource 'metrics' ?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 06:35:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

resource description for database gives (and more) - these are just examples

>From the previous experiences, I do not think those two (and some more) are metrics
in the classical sense of "value that changes when the server runs" - as opposed to
e.g. number-of-connections-in-pool.

Are those marked as metric on purpose?

    pilhuhn

"blocking-timeout-wait-millis" : {
                                                                "description" : "The blocking-timeout-millis element indicates the maximum time in milliseconds to block while waiting for a connection before throwing an exception. Note that this blocks only while waiting for a permit for a connection, and will never throw an exception if creating a new connection takes an inordinately long time.",
                                                                "type" : {
                                                                    "TYPE_MODEL_VALUE" : "LONG"
                                                                },
                                                                "required" : false,
                                                                "access-type" : "metric",
                                                                "storage" : "runtime"
                                                            },
                                                            "idle-timeout-minutes" : {
                                                                "description" : "The idle-timeout-minutes elements indicates the maximum time in minutes a connection may be idle before being closed. The actual maximum time depends also on the IdleRemover scan time, which is 1/2 the smallest idle-timeout-minutes of any pool.",
                                                                "type" : {
                                                                    "TYPE_MODEL_VALUE" : "LONG"
                                                                },
                                                                "required" : false,