[jboss-as7-dev] Non java: JNDI bindings and MSC services in AS7

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 12:55:17 EDT 2011

On 04/10/2011 08:56 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> On Saturday 09 April 2011 10:43 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> Bindings outside of "java:" will not be backed my MSC services as we
>> have no way of controlling what is bound and when.
> Wouldn't it be possible if the bindings outside java: were always done
> by a specific MSC service (like porting the JNDIBindingService which
> Scott pointed to)?

Yes, it would be possible, but there should be no reasonable expectation
that the JNDI context which backs non-"java:" bindings is an in-memory
context like "java:" is.  That's why the URL scheme should be present.

I think we could also look at treating these names as relative though.
So for example they could be relative to "java:jboss/user/".  This way
they are still in "java:" even if they don't explicitly say so.  If we
wanted to support this from a lookup perspective though, that could get
tricky, though maybe we could just apply the same logic there.

--
- DML