[jboss-as7-dev] ServerDeploymentManager: Problems getting the result future of a deployment action

André Dietisheim adietish at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 12:41:18 EDT 2011

>> I never saw the war appear in the deployment dir, but it appeared in
>> a subdir of tmp/vfs.
>
> The deployments/ dir is only for stuff that the FS deployment scanner
> is deploying for you. When you deploy via the management API, the
> content is thereafter managed by the server. It actually ends up in
> data/contents but isn't meant to be manipulated.

oh, that's enlightening! thanks!

>> I'd appreciate a lot if you could give me some pointers that would help
>> me to find out what I miss (I stepped through some parts of the code and
>> saw the responses being analyzed in
>> AbstractModelControllerClient#ExecuteAsynchronousRequest#receiveResponse(InputStream).
>>

> My assumption was there's a bug in there or in the generation of the
> response, but I won't be able to look into it today.

okiedokie. Thanks for looking into it.

The next thing in my pipeline would be to have some possibility to get
feedback about the progress of the deployment. Is there any way to
achieve that (did not spot any in the API so far)?
The basic idea is to provide the user a progress bar with some
information about the artifacts being deployed.

Thanks
André