[jboss-as7-dev] AS 7 stacktraces

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 10:21:39 EDT 2011

>>> ...btw. i'm still really interested in understanding how we can provide a classpath based on AS 7 modules to users
>>> so they don't have to also get Maven and other things to work before they can start building/deploying to AS 7.
>>
>>> My assumption is that if there is an algorithm to figure out the above, I can use that to also provide a full classpath
>>> eventually ;)
>>
>> Sure just remember that with modules, you don't get a flat classpath,
>> you get a graph of class loaders.
>

> That is fine; but unless you guys care to implement a custom compiler that can obey that graph
> a sequenced graph mapped into a classpath is the best we can provide afaics :)
>
> So...any tips on what the algorithm to figure that out is ?

I think what you are looking for is the API classpath for a particular
deployment type. That is certainly flat, and is in the process of being
documented:

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ModuleInventory

This is entirely different from what you need to start a server. That is
all based on module configuration, so you effectively have no classpath.
You just point it to a module repo.

--
Jason T. Greene