[jboss-as7-dev] AS 7 stacktraces

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 11:49:43 EDT 2011

>>> This will *just* be available on wiki page ? no programmatic approach
>>> to deduce it ?
>>
>> ALR and I were talking about having a maven bom or something.
>
> Well, for sure we need that but that will point to jars in your local maven repository.
>
> Of course unless you mean you want to create a custom "pom" format for your module repo ?
>
> I just assumed that all this were implemented already and thus the knowledge is available at least
> at runtime ?
>
> Or maybe that get "lost in translation" ?

Yes the BOM would point to the jars by maven coordinates, which would be
the ones in the local repo. These would all be the same versions though
as the ones in the actual AS tree.

The runtime information in the server is there but in modular runtime
form. This is different from how a client / compile time view would be
that is not using modules, which is just a flat list of jars on the
classpath.

> To be clear - the reason I need/want the *real* classpath is for two reasons:
>
> 1) For users *not* using Maven

The best we can do here is expose a list, unless you have any other idea
how to do it. We've also talked about changing the directory structure
to have a separate place for "visible" things. You could use that but it
would be a full superset of all deployment types.

> 2) To know for sure which jars are actually loaded.

I thought we were talking about compile time stuff (API jars only). Not
actual implementation.

--
Jason T. Greene