[jboss-as7-dev] META-INF directory in dependency modules

Marius Bogoevici marius.bogoevici at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:43:16 EDT 2011

On 11-04-19 09:58 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> It can actually.  Modules export all of their paths (including META-INF)
> by default.  The filtering happens on the import side because the filter
> sequence for a module import contains some default entries at the end
> which exclude META-INF.  Now if you want to *include* some subpath of
> META-INF, you may add an inclusive import filter which will override the
> default exclusion.  Like this:

>      <dependencies>
>         <module name="org.foo.bar">
>            <imports>
>               <include path="META-INF/mydirectory"/>
>            </imports>
>         </module>
>      </dependencies>
> Right now we do not have support for filtering individual resource files
> within a directory, but that is forthcoming [1].
>
> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODULES-69
I guess this means that the module definition above is applicable only
for paths (directories), but not individual files.

Will this be customizable in a deployment too, either via MANIFEST.MF,
or using a module definition for a deployment (are there some guidelines
on how can that can be done, except for customizing MANIFEST.MF)?