[jboss-as7-dev] Changes to .jsp in an exploded deployment no longer picked up?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 14:46:53 EDT 2011

On 4/26/11 1:23 PM, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
> Quoting "Jason T. Greene"<jason.greene at redhat.com>:
>

>>> I also disagree, but for different reasons.  Whether or not you run in
>>> development mode should not depend on exploded/unexploded.  Some tools
>>> used in development would deploy unexploded.  Development mode is used
>>> for more than just hot deploy of JSP and Facelets.  It also determines
>>> what kind of error messages you see in the browser.  So even if a
>>> developer isn't interested in JSP/Facelets hot deploy he would
>>> certainly want to see the error detail that development mode provides
>>> in the browser.
>>
>> It sounds like this setting does too much. I mean it would be really
>> really silly to have a non-exploded deployment looking for jsp changes...
>
> That's probably true, but it is what it is.

Also, according to Remy it breaks spec compliance, and it has perf
slowdowns. So I think we are asking the wrong question. Instead of "can
we enable development mode by default?" It should be, "Can we have X
feature by default, in such a way that it doesn't break spec compliance
and make our stock perf suck?"

--
Jason T. Greene