[jboss-as7-dev] [AS7-664] Proposed changes for the HTTP Server

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Apr 27 06:22:25 EDT 2011

Working with the HTTP server I have a need in some places to maintain
some state with the connection from the client.

   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-664

With the current implementation I can detect the host and port of the
client but there are no guarantees that a second administrator could not
end up with the same values after the first disconnects so this proposed
change is to associate some attributes with the physical connection.

For the httpserver the changes are here: -

https://github.com/darranl/httpserver/tree/issues/AS7-664

In addition to the changes to add a new get/setAttribute method with a
scope parameter I have also moved the remaining classes to an org.jboss
package - the reason being that although for the runtime the modified
classes are easily picked up leaving them in the old package causes
plenty of issues in IDEs, test cases and compilation.

Once the HTTP server is updated the AS source can be updated to use the
modified classes: -

https://github.com/darranl/jboss-as/tree/issues/AS7-664

(If these changes are accepted it may also be time to get the httpserver
under jbossas, at the moment this is based on the copy under dmlloyd)

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.