[jboss-as7-dev] Intermittent "Connection refused" when starting domain

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 10:43:28 EDT 2011

It might have something to do with this in org.jboss.as.process.Main.start()

         final ProtocolServer.Configuration configuration = new
ProtocolServer.Configuration();
         if (bindAddress != null) {
             configuration.setBindAddress(new
InetSocketAddress(bindAddress, bindPort));
         } else {
             configuration.setBindAddress(new InetSocketAddress(bindPort));
         }
         // todo better config
         configuration.setBindAddress(new
InetSocketAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost(), 0));
         configuration.setSocketFactory(ServerSocketFactory.getDefault());
         final ThreadFactory threadFactory = new JBossThreadFactory(new
ThreadGroup("ProcessController-threads"), Boolean.FALSE, null, "%G -
%t", null, null, AccessController.getContext());
         configuration.setThreadFactory(threadFactory);

configuration.setReadExecutor(Executors.newCachedThreadPool(threadFactory));

         final ProcessController processController = new
ProcessController(configuration, System.out, System.err);

The handling of configuration.setBindAddress() is clearly off, and the
end result in the ProcessController (which is what the HostController is
failing to connect to in your stack) is listening on
InetAddress.getLocalHost().

That might not be the issue, but it has an odd smell; the todo clearly
needs to be cleaned up.