[jboss-as7-dev] DOCS: Researching details for standalone clustering

Andrig Miller anmiller at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 11:09:37 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

Actually, no.  It turns out that the command-line argument handling in Beta 3, requires this syntax:

./standalone.sh -server-config clustering-standalone.xml

The "equal" sign does not work, but a space does.  I believe Jason hinted that he might fix this, so it may change in Beta 4.

> 2 - This configuration differs from the standard config in that:
> - the org.jboss.as.clustering extension is enabled
> - some additional items are configured in the
> urn:jboss:domain:osgi:1.0 subsystem
> - 2 new subsystems configured (jgroups and infinispan)
> - 6 new socket bindings added to the standard-sockets group for
> jgroups
>
> So exactly what feature set does this give you out of the box for
> clustering?

So far, nothing that I can tell.  I just had a e-mail conversation with Remy on what I thought might be an issue with HTTP session replication, but he says its not in there yet.

Also, while there is a configuration for Hibernate 2LC, that also is not completely implemented.

My guess is that none of what's configured is actually complete.