[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment descriptors?

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:28:07 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Carlo de Wolf wrote:
> See this branch: https://github.com/wolfc/jboss-as/tree/JBAS-9020

Heh.  The welcome.jar is born!  Nice.

> On 04/28/2011 10:19 PM, denstar wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm wondering a couple things here:
>>
>> 1) Is there something like jboss-web.xml as far as configuring context
>> paths and whatnot?  I don't recall seeing anything like that when I
>> was looking at the DTD for jboss-deployment-structure.xml, though it
>> seems a logical place, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.
>
> https://github.com/wolfc/jboss-as/blob/JBAS-9020/welcome/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml#L27

Sweet!  I apparently had just had a brain fart, as I was like "why
isn't this working?!?!" only to realize when I /really/ looked at it,
I was using context.xml.  D'oh.  Thanks!

>> 2) Are we at a point where I can add a context for serving static
>> content from some arbitrary location on disk?  If so, I'm thinking it
>> ties in with #1, so maybe this is more like one and a half questions.
>
> https://github.com/wolfc/jboss-as/blob/JBAS-9020/build/src/main/resources/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml#L394

I love being able to specify the absolute-ness of the paths!  Better
than some kind of special token to differentiate between file system
roots and deployment-relative.

I'm not sure how I'd leverage this to get what I was talking about
though.  I don't see the sub-deployment elements in the XSD, so I'm
not sure what options there are.  I think I'm looking at domain,
whereas this would be in jboss-deployment-scanner.xsd probably?  Is
there a central place for XSDs?

Maybe some spin on:

<fs-archive path="/some/place/else/images.jar"/>

For something like:

<fs path="/some/place/else/images.jar" contextpath="/images"/>

?

(side note:  I feel silly asking anything, when the source code is
available.  There is no question I can't answer myself.)
(eventually)

:)

Thank you Carlo!

:Denny

--
When men and women agree, it is only in their conclusions; their
reasons are always different.