[jboss-as7-dev] Revisited: Integration TestSuite Organization and Maintenance

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 09:28:28 EDT 2011

On 08/15/2011 08:39 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> On 08/15/2011 03:27 AM, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
>> A summary of where I believe we stand on the 3 points raised here:
>>
>> 1) TestSuite Organization
>>
>> Stuart and Kabir have voiced concerns that separating src/main and
>> src/test make authoring more complex.
>
> I think keeping it simple/easy to create new tests, is more important
> than being able to prove that our api/spec-api modules are incomplete.
> We depend on the tests to prove that our AS build works correctly (keep
> it simple/easy so people will create the tests).

Is it really that difficult to split your tests vs. the deployables into
two source folders?  Arquillian makes it all so easy to begin with, I'm
honestly surprised this is such a debate.

And if we're not validating that api/spec-api is complete, what is?

Try to answer this question: What composes the AS7 API?  What artifacts
can users depend upon in order to write software to run on our server?
These are very important to usability, and I want to be sure they're
addressed here.  Because the integration testsuite should by and large
be written as if we are users.

S,
ALR

--