[jboss-as7-dev] How to start/stop/reset connection pool by java program in AS7?

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Mon Aug 15 15:30:25 EDT 2011

On Monday, August 15, 2011 07:27:24 AM Bill Hong (Gong) wrote:
> The functionalities to start/stop/reset a connection pool are not available
> in AS 7 "Admin Console" any more.

The admin console isn't done yet - use the command line client to see the
functionality that is available today:

 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Admin+Guide

> Besides, it seems the MBean service
> "jboss.jca.ManagedConnectionPool" is removed.

There are no MBean's for the managed connection pools in AS 7.

> Therefore, the previous
> approach in AS6 won't work now. I can't find any relevant documents to
> explain how to get the instance of "ManagedConnectionPool" in As7 and
> perform those actions in a java program. Can anyone give me some
> suggestions or clues to work it out please?

You need to use the management API to perform those operations.

Questions belong in the user forum:
http://community.jboss.org/en/jbossas/as7_users

Best regards,
 Jesper