[jboss-as7-dev] Revisited: Integration TestSuite Organization and Maintenance

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 12:29:23 EDT 2011

On 08/16/2011 09:33 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> On 8/16/11 2:51 AM, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
>> In short:
>>
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1489
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1479
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1478
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1493
>>
>> ...are the issues I uncovered after moving to a restricted dependency
>> chain. With the status quo in place, issues like these go unnoticed.
>
> Yeah but no one made any attempt to verify this pom was correct.

Thanks for making my point for me. :)  It's about maintenance.  No one
is going to be verifying that these POMs are complete.  Even if we make
some extra suite, who is going to think to go in there and add
@SecurityDomain to it?  It was the testsuite which exposed that this was
needed, not a manual review.

S,
ALR