[jboss-as7-dev] Should the resource name included in attribute sets?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 10:16:16 EDT 2011

I don't want it to be present everywhere, as that forces 'name' to
become a reserved word, and I want reserved words kept to a minimum.

Agreed that exposing it as an attribute is usually unnecessary; feel
free to remove if you like or file a JIRA for ones you see.

There are some cases where it won't be removed; e.g. I'm working on
exposing the platform mbeans as resources, and the JMX API for some of
those mbeans includes a 'name' attribute so be consistent with that
well-known API the resources will as well.