[jboss-as7-dev] Default values in the model

Stefano Maestri smaestri at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 05:36:06 EDT 2011

On 08/02/2011 02:29 PM, Emanuel Muckenhuber wrote:
> We also seem to be talking about three different things.
+1
> - storing default values in the internal configuration model really does
> not add any value in the end. Nothing on the server side needs this as
> part of the model and can be easily added based on the description for
> the client. This is what Brian was referring to.
>
> - exposing defaults in the read-resource operation - i personally would
> be more interested in what i configured, rather than static defaults. I
> do see why Ike wants the defaults in the result for the console - i'm
> just not sure if that should be the default view?
Yup. Either it isn't the default view or this view outline in some way
they are defaults. To achive this second goal maybe better to provide in
the resulting model of read-attribute and read-resource an informations
on each attribute saying if it comes from user config or from default.
Of course it will be present only in these 2 operations result, and not
on runtime model where we will store only user modified attribute as
Brian proposed.

S.