[jboss-as7-dev] JMX [was: Dear subsystem owners/components leads ....]

ssilvert at redhat.com ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 11:35:49 EDT 2011

Quoting Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com>:
> Heiko,
>
> Some of the JPA persistence providers support JMX for administrative
> operations (Hibernate statistics for example).  Do we have any magic way
> to get JMX MBeans into the management console?  Probably will need to be
> dynamic based on deployment time processing.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Scott,

Heiko is out for the rest of this month, so I'm not sure if he will be
able to answer.

Off hand, I don't think we currently have an easy way to directly
access JMX from the console.  There would be a lot of low level
transport stuff to deal with that we've already worked through for the
management API.  I doubt that we would want to go and build a
transport layer for JMX as well.

I think the better question is can we (should we) expose JMX through
the management API?  If so it would be accessible from both the
console and the CLI.

Does anyone have thoughts about this?

Stan