[jboss-as7-dev] [jbossas-pull-requests] [jboss-as] AS7-1177 JavaMail implementation (#199)

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 11:30:48 EDT 2011

Switching to the dev list.

Tomaz, the link Kabir provided shows an example of injecting a
SocketBinding service into a service that needs a socket and then using
that to create the socket.  The SocketBinding service is created as a
result of a <socket-binding> element in domain.xml or standalone.xml.

The different thing about your mail service is the sockets involved are
not being opened on the AS itself; what your subsystem has is
configuration for a remote socket. The domain model doesn't currently
support including a <socket-binding> configuration for a remote socket;
that's the thing that would need to be added to tie it all together.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1614 is the JIRA for that; if you
want to take that on, that would be great!