[jboss-as7-dev] Passing Cloud Configuration.

Robb Greathouse robb.greathouse at jboss.com
Tue Aug 23 10:42:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

We are putting JBoss 5.1.1 into the Amazon EC2 cloud.  There are some peculiarities of how EC2 wants to configure instances that we are running into.

EC2 wants to use a standard AMI - basically a standard image that anyone wanting to use JBoss would use.  They would then customize this image by passing parameters via a single user-data file.

While the user could ssh into the instance once it is started and manually change the settings; this is not considered user friendly.

Ideally, we would like to be able to pass any configuration variable via user-data.  These would include database settings, clustering settings, etc.

Robb,