[jboss-as7-dev] Consolidated list of non-Java EE JPA and native Hibernate issues

Marius Bogoevici marius.bogoevici at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:25:33 EDT 2011

On 08/30/2011 10:52 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> Is anyone working on jboss-ignore.txt for AS7.x?  I'm still wondering
> if we should have a way to tell JPA to ignore a deployment.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1128

I started prototyping something a while ago then it couldn't make it to
7.0 so I slacked it off. Need to bring back though - I can get back to
this next week, unless anyone wants to take over beforehand.

One issue that I have encountered for a generic implementation was that
deployment processors read files directly from VFS, so we cannot easily
incorporate the information from jboss-ignore.txt in the deployment
process (as it was the case with the MC-based deployers, where Ales
added the jboss-ignore.txt processing into one of the superclasses).

So, I'm wondering what is the best way of handling this:

a) Adding an intermediate DeploymentResources object that sits on top of
VFS and incorporates the filtering information from jboss-ignore.txt .
Deployment processors would use DeploymentResources to get a filtered
view of the deployment resources instead of using VFS directly.

b) Using jboss-deployment-structure.xml for dedicated deployment
instructions (<ignore-jpa/>)

c)?

My preferred alternative would be a), perhaps incorporating filtering
rules in jboss-deployment-structure.xml.

Thoughts?