[jboss-as7-dev] TransactionTimeout annotation support

Alexey Makhmutov bear2k at mail.ru
Mon Dec 5 05:56:00 EST 2011

Hi.

I have some questions regarding support for configurable transaction timeouts for CMT beans. The documentation currently describes 'TransactionTimeout' annotation  (https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/EJB+3+Reference+Guide#EJB3ReferenceGuide-TransactionTimeout), however my tests shows that specifying this annotation makes no difference in server behavior. I wasn't able to find a JIRA issue for this item and I wasn't also able to find a part of code in jboss-as which supports it. So, I've played with code a little and made a straightforward implementation to support this annotation, mostly copying logic of 'TransactionAttribute' processing code: https://github.com/Lerm/jboss-as/commit/b08acb408d722d3026df25bf54b57d27148543c2

So, my questions are following:
1. Is it true that 'TransactionTimeout' annotation isn't supported as for now or did I missed something?
2. If it's not supported, then is there some JIRA request for it?
3. Is it worth to continue working on this fix to add it to main code stream?

Thanks,
Alexey Makhmutov