[jboss-as7-dev] Experience with Maven Failsafe plugin? // Re: Testsuite grouping: Splitting to many modules, or something different?

Ondřej Žižka ozizka at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 11:19:39 EST 2011

Hi all,

Do we have any experience with Maven Failsafe plugin?
It's like surefire, but the test process is split to two goals:  running
tests and checking the results.
They're bound to different phases by default. Which leads me to:

Would it solve our "two executions" problem? Are there some gotchas?

Additional info from John Casey:

(17:07:11) OndrejZizka: Is new functionality added to surefire
automatically added to failsafe too?
(17:07:17) OndrejZizka: like, groups, for instance
(17:07:27) OndrejZizka: and support for newer junit etc
(17:07:57) jdcasey: you mean code-wise? yeah, I think so
(17:08:21) jdcasey: they made a huge effort not long ago to synchronize
those plugins, and IIRC they're in the same codebase in SVN now

Regards,
Ondra