[jboss-as7-dev] Status

Ondřej Žižka ozizka at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 17:39:31 EST 2011

This week:

* Have PR 842 merged ASAP
* Improve shared module - get rid of unnecessary deps
* Timeouts lib
* Help with SUREFIRE-803, SUREFIRE-806, and SUREFIRE-808 or
SUREFIRE-809?
* Verify problems with logging, find the cause
* Check consistency of XSLT operations
* Wait what comes out of the SUREFIRE-803 discussion, and evt. try the
Failsafe plugin instead of surefire
* Check -Dtests (reported as causing various troubles - e.g. with
logging)
* Grouping using @Categories - create PoC
(not sorted by priority)

Last week (copied from Friday's mail):

* Regarding EAP failure, it seemed to be OK by the time I checked it.
* I've created the testsuite/shared module, see the mail on dev list.
* I've also talked to few people regarding solutions for various
problems. Mainly it was Aslak for ARQ-* and SUREFIRE-*.  Both were
responsive, for ARQ, it seems to be a matter of writing proper
extension, and Aslak is usually happy to help with implementing it. And
for SUREFIRE, I talked to John Casey, regarding SUREFIRE-803,
SUREFIRE-806 and SUREFIRE-806. He agreed both are valid requirements.
Not sure if/when he can personally do the changes, but at least
SUREFIRE-806 seems easy enough to have it for EAP 6.0. I'd be happy if
we had both though.
* Also I had few discussions with QA guys, seems like next most
important thing (importance = need * number of needy) is to solve
grouping, because some tests are going to need fine-grained grouping
with overlaying groups, which would be horrible to do in maven. Luckily,
latest Surefire + JUnit / Arquillian seems to have enough support for
that.
* I've also added few properties for AS7-2827 - Configurable timeouts;
This week I coded an util class to be used in tests to get the adjusted
timeout.
* I've also asked about running tests under security manager, that was
without response so far. The ball is probably on Arq's side.