[jboss-as7-dev] Behaviour of EJB timer with intervall has changed AS5 -> AS7

Wolf-Dieter Fink wfink at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 09:53:17 EST 2011

cron is simple, if its up the event fire if not, NOT.
So I think the behaviour is different to that what I expect from EJB
(and the spec), the event must at minimum fired once.

For the interval timer I would prefer the same behaviour as in AS5, it
will make the migration support of SEG easier ;)

For the calendar timer I'm not sure,
concurrent might not what the customer expect or hope.
And the idea for persistent c-timer might be that after start 'fire it
one time is enough'

If you have long period (e.g. once a day/week) I hope that there is
never be such long downtime that the timer is run twice after start;)
But customers might have the idea to schedule every x minutes in some
cases and then concurrent or catch up after downtime might not what is
wanted.