[jboss-as7-dev] HTTP API Status & DMR GWT Prototype

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 00:36:06 EST 2011

Last week Brian merged my http api patch into his detyped2; however, the
most current iteration is here:

https://github.com/n1hility/jboss-as/tree/detyped2

Currently JSON read operations via GET are supported, POST is coming
soon, now that Jonathan Pearlin, a new contributor, recently completed
the JSON parser patch he was working on (Thanks Jonathan!). In addition
a special base64 encoded binary representation is also supported;
however, I will explain its purpose in another email.

The GET URL form is a mapping of operation addresses, with a few
supported read operations, and support for mapping top level values via
query parameters. The default operation is read-resource. So in
otherwords you can dump the whole management tree like so:

http://localhost:9990/domain-api?recursive

The lack of additional /'s defaults to the root node.
The lack of an "operation" defaults to the read-resource operation.
The "recursive" is mapped to the recursive as a boolean, a lack of an
assignment defaults to "true"

The attributes of the http web connector can be restrieved with:
http://localhost:9990/domain-api/subsystem/web/connector/http

A single attribute can be retrieved by specifying the attribute
operation and the attribute name:
http://localhost:9990/domain-api/subsystem/threads/bounded-queue-thread-pool/jca-short-running?operation=attribute&name=blocking

The full description of the mode can be retrieved using the
read-resource-description operation like so:
http://localhost:9990/domain-api?operation=resource-description&recursive&operations.

--
Jason T. Greene