[jboss-as7-dev] Web UI: Profile & host sections mutable?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 14 12:18:52 EST 2011

On 2/14/11 10:59 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 5:54 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>
>> I think we should proceed on the assumption that it won't be possible to
>> have a subsystem configured which has a dependency on another subsystem
>> which is missing.
>
> Yes, but to build tooling around that (web UI), I would need to know subsystem interdependencies upfront.
> (i.e. meta data). Otherwise I cannot put this feature into the console.

Is that really a requirement, i.e. making things foolproof? I totally
agree it's highly desirable and something we should see if we can
improve, but is it a requirement? If people are trying to add profiles
(or subsystems) to running domains via the web UI, they are either going
to be in dev mode or they've tested what they are doing in advance.