[jboss-as7-dev] Documentation - Naming conventions

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:12:15 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 17:59, Misty Stanley-Jones <misty at redhat.com> wrote:

> For the Enterprise docs, we do not shorten the name. We use "Enterprise
> Application Platform" in all cases. I have seen a directive to use "JBoss
> Enterprise Application Platform, provided by Red Hat" at the first instance,
> and shorten that to "JBoss Enterprise Application Platform." However, that
> has not caught on. Specifically, we do not ever shorten it to EAP, even
> though it would probably make our lives easier if we could.

I'd argue that it's important to include the acronym, not just for
convenience but for clarity. The reason is, we toss around the acronym like
an old glove on the website and in interviews, blog entries, and other media
channels. If we never put the two together in the documentation, then it's
really odd and confusing when it comes up.

Why not do it like all other acronyms are introduced.

JBoss Application Server (AS)

and

JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597