[jboss-as7-dev] Intended deployemnt behavior?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 15:07:05 EDT 2011

On 7/8/11 1:52 PM, Jim Crossley wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I appreciate all the history, discussion and thought that went into it.
> I'm too lazy to read back through all that.  If you'd like to summarize,
> great.  Otherwise, I trust you.
>
> Just to be clear, though: unless I totally misunderstand things, it does
> not still "essentially work" the way I (and I'm sure many others) would
> prefer.  I want to copy an archive to a dir to deploy it, touch it to
> redeploy it, and remove it to undeploy it.  Period.

If you are talking about an actual zipped archive and not an exploded
deployment, and the things you described do not work, please file a
JIRA. They should all work by default. They should actually work better
than AS 6, since we work hard to deal with the sitation where a zip is
only partially copied when the scanner runs.

The behavior difference between AS 7 and AS 6 lies in how we treat
exploded deployments. We don't try and detect changes to deployment
descriptors as a trigger for deployment, since an EE 6 app may not even
have a deployment descriptor. So you have to use the marker files to
tell the scanner what your intent is.