[jboss-as7-dev] Intended deployemnt behavior?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 12:34:37 EDT 2011

>>> 1) no complicated marker file extension state machine required.
>>
>> I don't see how this solution goes solve that - the underlying problem
>> of resources not being fully there is still present.
>
> Well, the idea is that you wouldn't copy the "symlink" until the
> resources were fully there, wherever that may be.

Yes, you can do the same with "mv" (assuming you are on the same device)

Note, the problem still comes with how to redeploy....can you touch/change timestamp of
a symlink without removing it first ?

> And just so we're crystal clear, Bob wasn't proposing a *real* symlink,
> so OS compatibilities aren't in play here.  He proposed a "conceptual"
> or "poor man's" symlink: a simple text file, containing the path to the
> location of the fully-there resources.

Yes, I completely follow that and support the idea.

>>> 2) it opens the door for us to deploy things that don't necessarily
>>> match "^.*\\.[SsWwJjEeRr][Aa][Rr]$", e.g. our torquebox .knob files.
>>
>> Wouldn't this still require deploy/scanner specific code for you?
>
> Maybe, but I hope not.  In AS6, we had a way (structure deployer?) to
> describe a valid-but-non-standard deployment artifact.

Yes, you had to add custom code hadn't you? or you mean there was a config you could change to
extend the patterns it would "scan" ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen